Saturday, March 8, 2008

THE BEACHES


Over all, my trip this weekend to the beaches turned out to be a bit of a bust. I did get some decent pictures so I can't complain too much but I was disappointed by how much Redondo Beach Pier had changed, traffic after I left the pier was awful and it took me way too long to get down the coast, I couldn't stop at two of the beaches because of traffic and everywhere but the pier was a zoo. So, I'm taking the almost pictureless way of introducing you to the beaches down around L.A. Though these beaches are in different cites, they are all still a part of L.A. County and anyone in L.A. knows or should know where these beaches are.

REDONDO BEACH PIER - See the post below this one.

DOCKWEILER - I drove by it but didn't stop. I used to hit dockweiler beach a lot. I've always loved the beach and ladies, if you don't know the sand is like a natural pumice on your feet.

MARINA DEL REY - Marina del Rey is more about the marina than it is about a beach. It is where most of the boats are docked. Marina del Rey is mostly known for, at least by me, for the restaurants around Admiralty Way. I attended a meet 'n greet in December at The Warehouse. Great place! I drove through Marina del Rey today, thought I'd take some pics of the restaurants but that didn't work out either.

VENICE BEACH - I started to go to Venice Beach but the one street I took toward the parking lot I knew of was backed up and literally inched for four blocks. It would have made for some interesting pics because Venice is always full of interesting things, vendors and people. I was getting a headache from traffic so I opted out.

Cool! I just found a live webcam of Venice beach. Of course there's nothing going on now but check it out during the day. I will.

SANTA MONICA - When I was a kid this is where my family always went. I will always have a fondness for Santa Monica because of the fond memories. I thought I would go the the Santa Monica Pier but decided not to go. By this time I wasn't in the mood for how many people were there. I made a wrong turn and couldn't back out so I wound up having to pay $6.00 to drive through the parking lot which was half occupied by a filming crew's hundreds of trailers. I'm exaggerating...a little.

By now I'd been on the road for three hours and was a little ticked that after all this time I had not yet put my feet in sand or been near the water so I ventured down a packed Pacific Coast Highway and found a strip of the beach past the pier where the parking lot was practically empty. Eureka! My kind of place! I paid $7.00 for parking, parked, took my tennis shoes and socks off, put my earphones in, turned on my IPOD and treked across the sand with my camera.




8 comments:

escape said...

looks great! i hope you get to visit tghe Philippines so as to see our beaches.

Anonymous said...

Hello. =)
Wow, the pictures you took are simply gorgeous. Those pictures really make me this that kind of weather. I'm from Canada, and so right now, it's like a winter wonderland.
Anyways, great pictures. You're so lucky to live in such a warm weathered city. =)

Anonymous said...

Dong - Thank you. One of these days I would love to see the beaches in the Philippines!

Anonymous said...

Jessiica - Thank you so much! I wouldn't mind having a little snow at least once in a while. :-)

roentare said...

Amazing and wonderful scenery! Beach wonder

2sweetnsaxy said...

Roentarre - Thank you!

rawdawgbuffalo said...

they look so restive i put up chapter 3 from my due to be released next, the novel HER KISS WAS NEVER MINE this fall on my blog today, let me know wha u think pls htp://rawdawgb.blogspot.com



--
--
Torrance T. Stephens, PhD.
Chief Behavioral Scientist, CEO
Braincellinc


rawdawgbuffalo@gmail.com
http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com

2sweetnsaxy said...

Dogon - Thanks! And I can't wait to check out that chapter!